In the health industry both CBD oil and coconut oil are booming. This is because it is not becoming widely accepted that these oils can provide incredible health benefits in many ways. A new concept is pairing the two together to provide even an even more powerful health punch. Before we look at why these two oils make such a great couple. Let’s first look at some of the health benefits of each individual oil.
- Coconut Oil can provide an array of health benefits. Here are some of the most popular:
- Improves Cholesterol
- Antibiotic, Anti-fungal, Anti-viral and Antibacterial Properties
- Reduces Inflammation
- Improves Cognitive Function
- Promotes Healthy Skin
- Improves Digestion
- Provides Energy
- On top of these proposed health benefits, there is also a lot of research suggesting that Coconut oil can aid in the protection against neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s. Scientist Mary Newport found fascinating results when she used Coconut oil to treat her husband who was suffering from the disease. This has opened the door into the therapeutic potential of coconut oil!
Cannabidiol (CBD) oil is a compound found in cannabis. It does not contain THC so it does not have a psychoactive component. This means that CBD oil does not alter the state of one’s consciousness like marijuana would. CBD oil is just now starting to gain popularity and with good reason. Here are some of the proposed health benefits:
- Improves Anxiety
- Relieves Nausea
- Can Reduce Seizures
- Improves Cardiovascular Health
- Improves Sleep Quality
- In addition to these health benefits, there is also a growing body of research suggesting that CBD oil may possess the ability to battle cancer as well!
CBD and Coconut Oil
With all the health benefits mentioned for each of these oils, the question now is why pair them. To understand this, it is important to understand some of the properties of CBD oil. Compounds found in cannabis, such as CBD oil, are fat soluble. This means that to be broken down they require fat rather than just water. This means that to experience the highest magnitude of the proposed benefits of CBD oil, you must pair it with a fat. This is where Coconut Oil comes in.
Coconut oil is comprised primarily of saturated fats. Additionally, the fats in Coconut oil are known as Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which are shorter chain fats. This may be a complex concept for some so for now just know that MCTs are more rapidly digested and are superior for nutrient absorption. This means that when CBD oil is combined with Coconut oil, there is a greater chance that the CBD oil will be able to provide its proposed benefits.